Bulk Waste Collection
The City of South Perth provides two kerbside bulk waste collections per year.
Following a review of the City's waste management practices, the City is changing the way your bulk waste is collected. Along with many other metropolitan Local Governments, the City is shifting to a wiser system and will now provide one dedicated green waste and one dedicated hard waste collection per household per year. The change will come into effect immediately and will impact on the next bulk waste service commencing in August 2013.
For more information about the changes, view the Changes to Bulk Waste Collection information brochure.
You will be informed approximately two weeks before your scheduled collection date by a leaflet distributed to each household, advising important information about what materials will be collected and how to stack the unwanted goods on the verge.
You can also download the Autumn 2013 Hard Waste Collection Brochure here.
Hard Waste Collection
12 August - 19 September 2013
A brochure for this collection will be available shortly. You can use the Find My Bin Day module to find out your collection date for the upcoming hard waste collection.
We will collect:
- Household furniture
- White goods (stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, clothes dryers etc)
- Fridges and freezers (doors must be removed)
- Air conditioners
- General junk, small electrical goods, carpet, linoleum, mattresses and metals no longer than 1.5m
- Unwanted pine (untreated pine materials such as pine firewood, logs, timber and furniture)
- E-Waste items such as computers and televisions.
We won’t collect:
- Bricks, rubble, sand, cement and other building waste
- Asbestos cement products
- Household hazardous waste (oil, pesticides, solvents, chemicals, paint etc)
- Tyres, batteries, motor vehicles (whole or parts of)
- Household waste
- Gas cylinders
- Plate glass such as windows or shower screens
- Roller doors, longer than 1.5m
- Green waste; dedicated green waste collection scheduled for February 2014.
Green Waste Collection
24 February - 5 March 2014
We will collect:
- Uncontaminated green/garden waste
- Tree prunings/branches with a maximum diameter of 150mm
- Loose materials in compostable boxes
The City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, right of ways, reserves or parks.
Do not place items near sprinklers, water meters, power poles, street signs, utility boxes or footpath as these may be damaged as waste is collected by mechanical means.
Bulk waste left on the verge can be unsightly and hazardous. For this reason bulk waste left on the verge (which isn’t collected because it has not met collection guidelines, or because of late placement) must be removed within seven days or you may be fined.
Alternatively, if you miss the collection service, the City has a Waste Transfer Station located on Thelma Street, Como where you can dispose of the waste at your own cost.
For more information, contact the City on 9474 0777.